City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

endless reading

The reading for my courses seems endless! I'd rather be out having fun, but I'm stuck reading... and procrastinating by posting to my blog. I've knocked out a couple hundred pages already, but I have a couple hundred more to go, just for Monday! Yikes! At least I'm finding it interesting (mostly), so I guess that means I decided on the right program!

I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of the move. Mom and I rented a car in KS and drove to NY, and then she flew back after a couple of days. We actually had a pretty good time, if you leave out having to clean the disgusting dorm room first. We went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and to grocery stores, tried lots of restaurants, and also did a bit of exploring. Thanks for your help, Mom!

It's a good thing we got a car with a HUGE trunk! You should have seen us trying to pack it... Mom and I BOTH got in!

This is how we moved the stuff from the car, around the corner, and up to my floor.

And here's the room. It's really small, and it was really hot. I finally gave in and bought an air conditioner after about two weeks of suffering. I did that just in time, before the heat wave came! I promise at some point I'll add a picture of what it looks like now.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Jon and Lani said…

    I don't know how you condensed all of your things to live in that little room! You're my hero! I love the blog...keep posting pictures. I love keeping track of you!

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home