City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

bryant park

Well, now I remember what I DIDN'T really like about school - stress! I had a 10 page midterm due on Wednesday, in addition to the hundreds of pages of reading. I'm glad it's finally turned in and I can sorta forget about the class for a day or so.

So that's what we did today! Alison has some friends visiting from CA, so they, Alison, Kendra, and I went to Broadway in Bryant Park. The casts of four currently playing Broadway shows - Tarzan, Hairspray, The Wedding Singer, and Rent - performed songs from their shows. What fun! And free too! We're hoping to go again next week (but sad that next week is the last one for this summer...). The only down side of the day was it was ridiculously hot and humid! Yuck.

Cast of The Wedding Singer

Cast of Hairspray

Cast of Tarzan

Cast of TC Masters ;-) Jen & Alison

2 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so jealous! I was in NY two summers ago and saw a bunch of shows. I loved loved loved it. Now, you live in NY and can go see theatre any time you want...you know, when you're not reading and writing papers and stuff. :-)

    Good luck with the church search. I am still looking for one here in Houston.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home