City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

normal

Well, sorta. Today was sorta normal. I mean, I got a lot accomplished - even before noon - and I was able to enjoy this fantastic city I live in. I had an appointment with a nurse at 10:00 am to start my physical for my new job in China. Then I had an appointment at 10:40 with a nurse practitioner about my wrist. The bump I've had since December? Turns out it's a ganglion cyst and I have to go to a surgeon to have it drained. Yuck! From there I went to the post office to mail a few packages, and then I headed to the hospital for a chest x-ray, also for my job in China. Then I strolled down Broadway, enjoying the sunshine and the people, and hopped on the subway to Union Square. There I grabbed a cheap lunch of gyros from a street vendor and sat in the park to eat and people watch. I stopped in a couple of shops, and I went to Trader Joe's for wine for my Thursday night class. Also browsed in Barnes and Nobel and at the Farmer's Market. Then I came back up north to go to "counseling" before I could get the HIV test, also required for my job in China (that was an experience, let me tell you!). Then I had to go to the lab to get blood drawn for the HIV test and two other tests for my job in China. And the medical requirements still haven't all been met yet! I have an appointment on Friday for an EKG, and then another next Wednesday for a physical and to see all the results. What a pain! Although... I did get to see my ribs, lungs, and heart today, which was cool! Other things I saw in New York today? Two girls tap dancing in the subway stop at Times Square, an MTA bus "in training" that didn't quite make it's turn and stopped traffic in an intersection, and two people with old fashioned little popcorn machines passing out free popcorn on a corner. Love this city!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home