City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Friday, December 08, 2006

celebrate

I'm celebrating... friends, birthdays, desserts, decorations, shows, shopping, Christmas, the birth of my Savior!

Last night, I joined a group of girls from school in celebrating Jenn's birthday. Jenn chose Cafe Lalo as our dessert destination, because she was craving some chocolate cake. The Cafe is also the site of one of the scenes from the movie You've Got Mail. The dessert menu is huge! We each chose something different so we could taste a big selection. Carol, Jenn, and I also splurged on champagne! As we were finishing, the waitress brought Jenn a little cookie with a candle in it, and they played "Happy, happy birthday, baby!" On our way back to school, we walked through the main Columbia campus to see the Christmas lights. What a wonderful night!L to R: Jenny, Jenny's friend from CA, Alison, Me, Carol, Jenn


This morning, Drew, Alison, and I went to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. And spectacular it was! My favorite part of the show was when the Rockettes did their thing, but there was a lot more to the show than that! There was a movie of Santa flying over and landing in New York... a 3D movie, no less! At one point, a section of the stage rose up from below the main stage, and it held a full symphony orchestra! Then the platform they were on moved around on the main stage. At another time, an ice skating rink rose up, and a couple did some ice dancing. There was singing, lighting effects, live animals (a horse & carriage for the NY scene and sheep and camels for the nativity scene), moving sets, little people who played Santa's elves, dancers in teddy bear costumes, and so much more. And the Radio City Music Hall itself was nothing short of spectacular! It was far bigger than I imagined, and it was quite full considering we were there at 10:00 am on a school day! After the show, we went for a warm lunch (because it was soooo coooold outside today), and then I did some Christmas shopping. I also stopped by Bloomingdales to see their Christmas window displays. I'm definitely feeling the Christmas spirit, and I'm looking forward to heading home for the holiday! L to R: Me, Drew, Alison


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home