City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

another author


Tonight I went to a book talk and book signing with Tomie dePaola!!! How cool is that?!?! All you education people out there will know. (Wink, wink.) Tomie dePaola has published over 200 childrens books, with the first ones coming out in the 70's. He's currently on tour promoting his first book geared more toward adults. It's a book of his Christmas memories. He read chapter one to us tonight. The Streganonna books are some of Tomie's most popular works, but I prefer his semi-autobiographical works. Tonight, after the book talk, I had him sign Tom, The Art Lesson, and Nanna Upstairs, Nanna Downstairs. The Nanna book is one of Tomie's favorites; he recently redid the illustrations for it. I read The Art Lesson with my second graders last year, and we wrote a letter to Tomie dePaola. Now I can show future classes that I met this fantastic author!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What fabulous opportunities you have had to meet authors and have them sign books! Those will be priceless treasures for years to come! Love, Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home