City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

modesty matters

I'm not a mom, but when I found this online I thought it was important to add my signature. It's something that matters to me as a Christian, a woman, and a teacher. The Family Research Council has also linked to this campaign. I encourage you to consider adding your name to the over 600 others already listed. You can do so by clicking here.

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement
As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
I
believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young women's clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

Click here to add your name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home