City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

happy birthday to me

Woo hoo! Forget about the age, and party anyway! Mom and Dad came for the weekend to help me celebrate, and we've been having a blast. They arrived yesterday morning at 11:00, and we've been going nonstop ever since. Here's the rundown so far:

Friday Noon - Lunch at
Big Nick's Pizza
Friday Afternoon - West Side Grocery Store to oogle their amazing selection of cheese,
Lincoln Center, Columbus Circle, Central Park, lots of walking, short nap at the hotel, Times Square
Friday Evening - Dinner at the Hourglass Tavern on 46th street - Dad and I had salmon, and I had chocolate cake with a birthday candle for dessert
Friday Night -
Beauty and the Beast on Broadway with Donny Osmond as Gaston... Fantastic!
Saturday Morning - birthday gifts (thanks, Katie, Angela, Mrs. v., Mom, Dad, and Granny! Yay for gift cards to Target, Starbucks, and Barnes and Nobel!), breakfast at
Kitchenette, visit to the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine
Saturday Afternoon -
USS Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum, lunch at a little diner, South Street Seaport
Saturday Evening -
Bodies: The Exhibition, dinner at a seafood restaurant on the pier at South Street Seaport - Mom and I shared a bowl of New England clam chowder and a basket of steamed mussels, clams, shrimp, lobster, and crab... for dessert we had coconut creme brule (And it's a good thing we shared all of it!)

All in all, a great day! I had a birthday card from Katherine waiting in the clip on my door when I got home, along with several online well wishes and quite a few phone messages. Thanks, everyone. I love you, too!



Also, congrats to Lucas and Michelle in Shanghai on the birth of Marissa Joy today! She was 8 pounds and 21 inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home