City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Friday, September 29, 2006

sweetest girls ever

Last night after I got back from the gym, we had a floor meeting about the community kitchen. I hate to admit it, but I wasn't very nice. I spoke up about everything that everyone else has complained to me about. Hopefully the kitchen will be kept cleaner now.

At the end of the meeting, Carol told us she had something in her room from work that she wanted to show us. I thought it was a bit odd, but I followed Jennifer and Jenny to Carol's room. We knocked on the door, and she told us to come in. Surprise! Happy birthday to me! The three of them had conspired together! They sang to me and presented me with four birthday balloons and magnificent, delicious cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. They're the sweetest girls ever! And they surprised me a little early because they knew my mom and dad would be here through the weekend.

Mom and Dad arrived today, and our sightseeing fun began. More on that later.

Thanks, Carol, Jennifer, and Jenny!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Today is your birthday...have a party, it's your birthday...have a party!!! Yay for nice friends and for clean kitchens! Hooray for little sisters that send birthday gifts on time! I love you...

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Jen Reed said…

    Hooray for sisters who send AWESOME, well-coordinated, cute birthday gifts! Thanks. :-) Love you, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home