City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

a day in the life

Alison, Seana, and I went to Little Italy to visit the fair again before it ends on Sunday. I just wanted to have lunch there! This time we went for street food, and we each had a pepperoni and cheese calzone. YUMMY! We also had a fried oreo, just because we were so curious about them. And we were surprised to find that the oreo is quite mushy inside its crunchy fried shell. Doesn't that sound just delightful? I thought so too. Actually, they're not bad! But I don't think I feel a need to buy them again in the future. A one-time experiment/experience was enough.
(These pictures are a combination of ones taken last weekend and ones taken today.)


After lunch, I went to Old Navy in search of a pair of jeans to buy with my 10% off coupon. No luck. Where do you people buy jeans? I just want a nice pair of dark wash, straight leg, NOT SKINNY and not skin tight, with no weird fading, jeans. Is that too much to ask?

I spent the rest of the afternoon running errands, came back and took a nap while "watching" a football game, and tidied up my room. Then I met some girls for dinner at a Japanese restaurant.

Oh. And I just HAVE to tell you about my aerobics class the other day. Have you ever been to a step class? You know how the instructors are tiny, little cute women with boundless energy who you wish you looked half as good as? Well, that's not what this instructor was like at all. He (yes, I said "he") was an enormous, buff, black man who looked better suited to be a bouncer at a hip nightclub. Or maybe a boxer. Or maybe one of those big, hot guys dancing in a music video. Mind you, this is a women's gym! So I was more than a little surprised when he walked in! If intimidation is what it takes to get us girls to workout, I guess he's good for that! Yikes!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Little Italy looks like lots of fun. I can see why you wanted to go back...can I go too??? Love, M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home