City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

some things

Something first: Thank you, thank you for your comments. I feel validated! :-)

Something that's harder than it looks: Wearing high heels and standing on a moving subway car. It takes balance, baby!

Somthing that's easier than it looks: Removing a contact, cleaning it, and putting it back in, all while standing on a moving subway car.

Something we really like: Grey's Anatomy. Really. There were at least 30 people in the lounge tonight watching.

Something I've realized: Most of the pictures I've taken in New York have food in them. There's too much good food here. So I've joined a gym.

Something about travel: It takes me 35 minutes by bus to get from 120th on the west side to 72nd on the east side. I go to BSF at a church on 72nd and Madison Avenue.

Something about BSF: Bible Study Fellowship is awesome! Thank you, Jody, for inviting me last year. You all should check it out! This year's study is on Romans. Things to think about this week: Do they know you're a Christian? The Gospel is a command. So what are you going to do about that?

Something about me: As Sarah said the other night, "Now I'm one of those cool people who has people to go out with for dinner after church on Sunday!" Yep. I'm a cool person.

Something about other people: Mrs. v's birthday was yesterday. Lani & Jon had a baby shower on Saturday. Lucas G.'s birthday is tomorrow. Heidi is making plans to visit me. And Angela & Bryson are becoming foster parents.

And something about school: I'm in two classes with a girl who tries my patience. I have one professor who doesn't seem to have much patience, or, for that matter, much organization or forethought. She seems not to know what she wants us to do when she gives us assignments. And I'm in one class that's super hard. Reading Assessments and Interventions. Funny thing is, I chose it as an elective! Sometimes I wish I were in pottery or choir instead, but I know it will be helpful. Even though half the time I don't understand what the textbook is talking about.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Pete said…

    Pottery isnt the easy way out...trust me.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like your blog! Especially today's Lutheran Tidbit of the day. I enjoy reading your comments on Dan's blog that I live vicariously through. :o) Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry, I forgot to sign my comment just then!

    ~Courtney Gras

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jenn Reed! I stumbled across your blog through Chad's. This is Amanda (Wheeler) Fleming. I'm glad to hear everything is going well with you! Good luck with school!

    Amanda
    amanda-fleming.livejournal.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home