City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Monday, October 02, 2006

continuing adventures

Mom, Dad, and I stayed busy through the rest of their visit. Here's what we did on Sunday and Monday:

Sunday Morning - Breakfast at Route 66 on 9th Ave at 55th Street with a walk through rain to get there, a subway ride down to Battery Park at the southern tip of Manhattan, a ferry ride (the weather miraculously cleared up while were getting the ferry tickets)
Sunday Afternoon - Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, hotdogs for lunch, a ferry ride back to Manhattan, City Hall and City Hall Park, Ground Zero site of the World Trade Center
Sunday Evening - Chinatown, Little Italy for dinner (the most delicious veal marsala Mom's ever had)
Monday Morning - Breakfast at Kitchenette, a trip to Target (thanks, Mom & Dad, for helping me stock up), a stop at the grocery store (apparently the amount of food on my shelf concerned Mom & Dad)

Monday Afternoon - General Grant's Tomb, Morningside Cathedral, grilled panini sandwiches for lunch, a Columbia neighborhood walk, and a stop back at the dorm for dad to take a nap while mom and I got some icecream.... then Mom and Dad left for the airport and I took a nap

We had a lot of fun together, and we wore ourselves out! It was like a mini-vacation. I'm so glad they came, and I can't wait for my next visitors! Now it's back to work on all my class assignments.




2 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Jen Reed said…

    Please note: Horace Greely should actually be Horace Greeley, but it's too much trouble for me to change it on the other site and re-upload it here.

     
  • At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! Those will be some awesome pictures to scrapbook! Happy belated birthday, too!

    Love,
    Peggy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home