City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

fire, fire!

Oh, wait. Not really. The darn fire alarm just went off AGAIN. It went off last night, too. But tonight it's cold and rainy. Geesh, people! And tomorrow morning the housing office has actually scheduled a fire drill. Seriously? What for? Don't we "practice" often enough? I think they need to start giving people fines or removing their stoves or something. I'm sure the fire department shares my sentiments, and I know many of the other residents do. This is ridiculous!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wait a sec...

    sounds like you're living in large state school dorm, where fire alarms are pulled on a regular basis, oftentimes in the middle of the night.

    I was lucky, I lived in the honors dorm, where we only had this happen twice in the three years I was there, and one of them was due to burnt popcorn (he accidentally typed in 30:00 and went to the bathroom).

    But those folks who lived in McCollum, oh my. They had those things every week or so.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home