City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

God's will

I'm seeking God's will for my life, for where He wants me to live and teach next fall.

So...

Pray for me. I am sure that I have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way. Pray that the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, will equip me with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in me what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (Adapted from Hebrews13:18-21, NIV)

After all...

I've remembered the old days, gone over all He's done, pondered the ways He's worked, stretched out my hands to Him, as thirsty for Him as a desert thirsty for rain.

Hurry with your answer, God! I'm nearly at the end of my rope. Don't turn away; don't ignore me! That would be certain death. If you wake me each morning with the sound of your loving voice, I'll go to sleep each night trusting in you. Point out the road I must travel; I'm all ears, all eyes before you. God, you're my only hope! Teach me how to live to please you, because you're my God. Lead me by your blessed Spirit into cleared and level pastureland. (Adapted from Psalm 143:5-10, The Message)

And Paul says...

So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. (Romans 12:1-2, The Message)

NOTE: If you are not familiar with the NIV version of these verses, I encourage you to take a look at that. The Message is loosely translated, but it spoke to me tonight! Check out http://www.biblegateway.com/ if you want to look up the verses online.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are obviously seeking Him and His direction. May He grant you insight! Mom

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Jen Reed said…

    Even if you don't like what He says?

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Jed said…

    Hello,
    You don't know me, but I'm good friend of you sis Katie. She was telling me that you are looking for a job. I will keep you in my prayers as you search. Best of luck!

    Anna Maschke

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it is His answer, it can't be wrong, and I only want you at the center of His will!

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Jen! I will be praying for you and also will be on the lookout for any good leads . . . I remember last year that its so hard to be patient and just wait for answers when you are looking into this big gaping hole in your life, but the answers always come just when they need to. Hang in there! XXXX

     

Post a Comment

<< Home