City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

math

I'm just sitting down to do my math homework. Yep, I have to take a math curriculum class this semester, and we have real, honest-to-goodness math problems for homework! And quizzes and tests to boot! Challenge yourself along with me. Here's the "do now" problem from Thursday's class:

Carol bought some items at the deli. All the items she bought were the same price, and she bought as many of the items as the price of the item in cents. (For example, if the item cost two cents, she bought two of them for a total cost of $0.04. Or, if she chose an item costing eight cents, she would have bought eight of them.) Her bill was $2.25. How many items did she buy?

If you solve it (which I did), leave a comment with your answer and tell me what you did in order to find the solution! And send some good mathematical vibes my direction.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Jon and Lani said…

    She bought 15 items at $.15 a piece...Glad to hear from you...I was starting to wonder what happened! We'll need to catch up!

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    15 items. Take the square root of 225 and you have your answer! Viola! I miss Puffe Math, for real! Send more of your challenging problems my way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home