City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

she's back

I returned to New York on Monday, and nothing terribly exciting has happened yet. I've been doing paperwork and job applications and trying to make decisions about what to do next fall. Please keep me in your prayers! Since I don't have any New York stories to tell, I'll give a quick Christmas run-down.

Spent Christmas holiday with family and friends in KS, CO, and NE. Saw relatives I hadn't seen in six years! First went to Greeley, CO. Spent Christmas eve day with mom's family at Granny's house, opening gifts, catching up, eating Christmas dinner. Christmas day went to one of my dad's sister's house (Aunt Dawns'), played games, caught up, ate another Christmas dinner. Then back to Granny's to play more games and eat third Christmas dinner. Morning after Christmas all woke up with stomach flu, so spent the day in pj's watching TV and drinking 7-Up. Sufficiently recovered in time to drive down to Denver the next day to see my sister and her husband and for shopping - though no buying. Next day flew back to KS. There discovered mom and dad had a broken pipe under the foundation of their new house, so spent one day moving everything in the basement and another day supervising as workers jackhammered the floor and replaced the pipe. Exciting, I tell you! New Year's brought more friends, food, and games and champagne with Angela and Brian. Next weekend drove to Omaha, NE to see dad's mom (Grandma) and Aunt Debbie and Uncle John. I made a quick run to Lincoln from Omaha to see Brian's apartment, workplace, and him, too. Back in Omaha Uncle John served delicious coconut-pecan encrusted mahi-mahi, rice with pineapple, and homemade cheesecake. Guess it counts as one more Christmas dinner since we opened gifts afterward! In between days were filled with hanging out with old friends, going out to favorite restaurants, visiting the Plaza, shopping with mom, going to The Queen's Pantry for tea, visiting my class from last year, going out with the girls I used to teach with, and re-packing!

And now... back in New York and ready for fun!

At Granny's House: Dad, Mom, Me, Sister Katie, Brother-in-Law Chris

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    Good to hear from you again. Take care and blessings on your plans for next year. Remember, "Man makes his plans, but God directs his steps"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home