City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

like monday

(At left: PHO)
I wish more days could be like Monday was.

8:30 am - Noon -- I was at a public elementary school doing research for my Master's Project, feeling very productive and praying that I'll finish by March 14.
12:00 pm - 2:30 -- I ran a few errands around Manhattan, and got in some exercising by walking rather than taking the subway. Found a cute new skirt at H&M. I love that place!
3:00 - 4:00 -- Did a bit of online research for my project and read for my Tuesday night class.
4:00 - 5:15 -- I met with my advisor about my project and read a sample project in her office.
5:30 - 6:45 -- Took the subway to 72nd street and met Sarah, from church, for coffee. Well, really I had a coke and she had dinner. Then I got back on the subway to go uptown.
7:00 - 8:45 -- Dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant, Saigon Grill at 90th & Amsterdam Ave., with Jen and Carol. It was Jen's first Vietnamese food experience. Mmmm... So good! We shared two types of spring rolls, and I had a steaming bowl of Pho.
9:00 -- I had to be back in my room for an important phone call. After the call I did more class work.

In addition to meeting one friend for coffee and two others for dinner, another friend also called and offered me one of his extra tickets for an opera that night! Geesh. Too bad my friends can't spread it around a bit so I have something fun to do every night!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home