City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

substitute

I substitute taught today for a first grade class at a Christian school in Manhattan. It was a great day! We went on a field trip to the National Museum of the American Indian, where we saw lots of ceramics and different types of clothing, as well as some modern art by Native Americans. When we got back to school, we had lunch, the kids went to art, we did a little math, I read two books, and the kids went home. I sure don't mind getting paid for days like this! The kids were really well-behaved, too. On our way back to the bus, we stopped for a picture next to this globe, which used to be in the World Trade Center. It's now on display in Battery Park.The weather started out cold and rainy this morning, but it turned into a beautiful, sunny day. On my way home, I stopped for this picture of a cathedral on the block next to Teachers College. I'm inspired to visit Central Park this weekend to see the fall foliage!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home