City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Monday, February 05, 2007

stop the madness

Seriously. Stop it! If I were a person who swore, I would have cursed up quite a storm this morning. And if I had a gun, I might have used it! I'm entirely fed up with the person who lives somewhere in my neighborhood and who visits the supermarket across the street at 6:20 every morning and who ties their big black dog to the bus stop shelter and who allows said dog to bark incessantly - a deep "woof"-ing-wheezing bark that reverberates off the buildings on both sides of the street - and who apparently is a leisurely shopper because the dog keeps barking (EVERY MORNING) for fifteen to twenty minutes nonstop! Argh! Not a nice thing to be awakened by or to be kept awake by. I can sleep through fire truck sirens, delivery truck backup signals, kneeling bus whooshing sounds, and even noisy inebriated college students. But that darn dog! And its owner!

Also about dogs, I went to Barnes and Nobel this afternoon to do some reading and have some coffee. I thought the coffee would help me warm up, since it's only about 9 degrees today, but it was even cold inside the store! Anyway, I accomplished my reading - a very interesting article for a course called "The Teacher" (I'll post some excerpts later), and then I spent time wandering around the kids section. I discovered a book I'd never seen before, copyright 2006, and its title made me laugh out loud! Hehe! Here's a picture for you:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had recently heard about this book too! I believe maybe it was featured on Oprah...or Regis and Kelly, or GMA. Needless to say, kids will get a kick out of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home