City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

cream puffs, parks, and dog poo

This afternoon I met the Columbia Intervarsity Christian Fellowship group at the 116th gate to get cream puffs and visit Central Park. I ran across the event while browsing the clubs section of the Columbia site. Most of the Intervarsity events specified undergrad, but this one didn't, so I decided to show up. Well... I heard more than once, "Oh. You're a grad student? I thought you looked a little old... Ha ha." :-) Gee, thanks, guys. I found out later that most of them were returning students and that they expected the new faces to be freshman. I'm ok with looking older than a freshman in college. And even though I was the only grad student, they were all very friendly and I had fun.

We took the subway to 79th and stopped at Beard Papa's for cream puffs. They were delightful! Each puff is filled with fresh vanilla custard after it is ordered. They don't use any preservatives, so they say their treats should be eaten within 24 hours. Not a problem! The group leader bought three big boxes, and we walked over to Central Park to devour them and to chat. Check out their website for the full scoop: http://www.muginohousa.com/creampuffs.html.

Only downside to the afternoon? I stepped in dog poo. Not so delightful...


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home