City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

project runway

The most interesting thing I learned today in the Reading Project Institute is that Fountas and Pinnel, the gurus of guided reading and leveling books, are not two dead white guys as I thought. Rather they are women, Irene and Gay Su, and they are probably in their late fifties. Huh. Who would have thought?

Alison has gotten me hooked on watching "Project Runway" on the Bravo channel. We talked about last night's episode over lunch today. Then, this afternoon, I went downtown to do some shopping. I walked past Macy's on 34th Street, and, from across the street, I saw a window display that said "Project Runway." I went across for a closer look, and there was the dress that won last night's challenge! It was amazing to see something happen on TV and then see it on display the very next day! I realized how very much we are in the middle of things (fashion, television shows, etc.) here in New York. Pretty cool!

I shopped at H&M, Old Navy, Macy's, Payless shoes, and several other shops. I ended up with a great new outfit from H&M. I think it's going to be one of my new favorite stores while I'm here in New York. Also, I'm almost positive I saw Janie Wallace, who I went to high school with in Kansas, at the store! Small world...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Hey there girl.. Ive been wondering what you have been up too. I hung around some CUWers a couple weeks ago, and we were like "do you know what Jenn is doing". Nobody did.. Shoot me an e-mail sometime.
    sgayken@seedsofhealth.org
    Miss you girl -
    your favorite, sarah marie murray gayken straight barbie lee garbage..

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger hannah said…

    hey fern! wow...i wasn't expecting that comment, but how exciting! yeah, my mom told me she saw you, but i didn't know how to get in touch with you. sounds like you're doing pretty well - awesome! if you're in new york long enough i'll have to give you a call when i come out there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home