City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

saturday

This morning Alison and I got up and trekked to Target in the Bronx. I have to admit, I was overly excited to discover how easy it was to get there! The subway ride itself only took 17 minutes! And we got to cross over the river and get a great view of the city. I just picked up a few things, as it was more of an exploration expedition than a shopping expedition. It's an absolutely beautiful day, especially compared to the extreme heat we've had over the last couple of days. So, I definitely didn't want to sit inside and work on the papers and projects I should be doing. Instead, we went to a deli, grabbed a sandwich, and sat on the Columbia campus for an hour or so. We people-watched and sky-watched. There were five planes writing an ad in the sky for Geico. After lunch, we went to the public library, where I picked up Bartholomew and the Oobleck for a presentation on Tuesday. This afternoon I've been catching up on other people's blogs and surfing the net. I found a fun site where I uploaded a picture of myself and they matched me with celebrity pictures. I don't know that I actually see the resemblence, but it was fun anyway...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Casey said…

    It sounds like you are having a great time in NY! Bravo for being daring and brave and trying something new! I am quite jealous of all the Broadway shows you have at your fingertips. If Wicked is playing in NY, be sure to see it. School starts for the teachers on Tuesday! Blessings to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home