City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Friday, November 10, 2006

chocolate



Tonight I went to the 9th Annual New York Chocolate Show. The show is also held in Tokyo, Moscow, Paris, and Beijing, and it is billed as, "...the ultimate festival of world class exhibitors, chef demonstrations, chocolate fashion and showpieces, tantalizing gifts, and more!"
At first it's only open to those in the industry, but then they open it to the public. Last night tickets cost $200 and included a viewing of a couture fashion show - with chocolate accessories! Tickets were much cheaper, though still pricey, today, but well worth it! I could smell the chocolate as soon as I walked into the convention center. Yummy doesn't even begin to describe the experience! There were over 60 vendors there -from small chocolatiers to major manufacturers. And all most all of them were giving out free samples! I nearly ate myself sick on the most divine imported dark chocolates I've ever had. Each vendor was giving out teeny tiny pieces, but they were so rich and sweet that a sliver was enough. I tried a couple of kinds of truffles, chocolate with orange, chocolate with dried berries, chocolate with lavender and nougat, a chocolate filled with banana flavoured marshmallow creme and crunchy peanut butter, mint hot chocolate, strawberries and white chocolate hot chocolate, a peanut butter chocolate brownie bite, cinnamon swirl peanut butter, holiday hot tea, four dessert wines, white chocolate, chocolate with peppermint, a chocolate brownie with chili pepper, and so much more I can't even remember it all! There were a couple of chocolate fountains, chocolate sculptures, and the chocolate fashions on display. Barnes and Noble was there, too, with autographed dessert cookbooks. I sat in on a couple of demonstrations by chocolatiers showing how they create their masterpieces. And the peanut butter booth gave me peanut squeeze toys for my next class when I told them I'm a teacher! What a night! What a "dinner"!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yu uuu UUUUMMMM MMMM MMMM!! I want to go too! It sounds like my kind of "dinner." Love, Mom

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Jamie said…

    yummo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home