City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

keep teaching

Last week one of my professors gave us a list of teaching activities. We were supposed to check the ones we thought represented a certain type of teaching, and I didn't check any of them. While I was doing my reading for the class this week, I discovered she took the list from one of the articles she assigned. There were 12 activities on the list, and the author says if you marked between:

9 and 12 -- Don't waste another minute; read and study the rest of the book as quickly as possible.
4 and 8 -- Look closely at the issues, and read the chapters that address the issues you agreed with.
3 or less (that's me!) -- Please don't leave education. Students need you.

It's nice to get unexpected affirmation!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You go girl!!

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well my 10:30 appt isn't coming in until noon, so I took some time to get caught up on your blog. Wow, I won't make the mistake of waiting 4 months to read it again- you have experienced quite a bit in NY! I'm glad you're having a good time (although I'm sorry to hear about Monday) but I miss you terribly. Here's hoping you'll be home for Christmas...

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Jen Reed said…

    Too bad you didn't take time to get caught up on YOUR blog, Angela! Just kidding. ;-) I'll be there! Well, I'll be in KS after Christmas, but during Christmas break.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Obviously...:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home