City Girl

My life in the great city of New York.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

valentines

I hope cupid had a coat to wear today! He certainly needed it for visiting New York! We had our first true winter storm, starting last night and continuing throughout the day today. We had snow, sleet, ice, and more snow. The official measure was two inches in Central Park, but it certainly felt deeper than that as I slogged around town, trudging through the massive piles on street corners. Oooh, and the wind was blowing, too. The ice pellets felt pretty sharp in my face, and at one point I was literally blown down the street! But I had to go out in it. I had to visit the elementary school to work on my research project (due March 14!!! Ahhh!!!), and I had to go to a bakery to pick up cupcakes for our Valentine's shin-dig.
A few of us gathered to order dinner from a Chinese delivery place and to watch American Idol. And then I met with a few others in Jenn's room for chocolate-covered fortune cookies, cupcakes, candies, truffles, cheese and crackers, and pink drinks. We had a great time chatting and reminiscing about middle school. Not a bad Valentines Day, especially when you throw in the fact that my professor cancelled my science class tonight because of the weather! Yay!
Oh yeah. AND MY SISTER IS COMING TO VISIT TOMORROW! YAY!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home